[A89] Link Error Codes...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Link Error Codes...

Does anyone know what the error codes for the link functions mean? I've got
version 2.4 of the TIGCC library, and Zeljko's docs say he doesn't know what
the non-zero return values mean for functions like LIO_RecvData().

Specifically, I want to know if someone presses the ON key to abort the
link, instead of just failing to receive data.

I have done some preliminary testing, and found these values, but I want to
know if anyone has some concrete data?

enum LinkCodes {LOK,LERRORUNKNOWN,LABORT,LTIMEOUT};

I've never seen it return 1. returning 0 (LOK) means everything is fine.
Zeljko and the TI docs say that. It seems to return LABORT (2) if I press
ON, but would it return this at other times too? I don't know. And if there
is a timeout while waiting for the appropriate amount of data, it returns 3
(LTIMEOUT). This seems to happen both when it doesn't receive any data, or
doesn't receive "enough" (the requested amount of) data.

I'm using LABORT in my program, but this could cause errors if the
information is not correct, so if anyone knows for sure, I'd be very
appreciative...

Thanks in advance...

John David Ratliff
jdratlif@cs.indiana.edu