[A89] Re: TI-GCC enum question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: TI-GCC enum question

> This is from C++. Again, TI-GCC is _standard_ C with a lot of extension
> but it supports everything from _standard_ C!!!

I'm guessing that if I even made the suggestion of taking the new GCC 3.0
and also porting G++ you'd either laugh or scream at me. . .

I used to think C's bloat was horrible, until I saw that Niklas Brunlid was
able to make Prosit better and faster in C than ASM because it was just too
complex for disorganized ASM.  I've been using C for the last year after
using ASM almost exclusively, and I've been amazed at how much more I've
been able to accomplish.  The bloat really is worth having more new and
complex programs, and I imagine that C++ would still be beneficial for this
reason (and if used right, it really shouldn't be too bloated!).

Then again, if I remember correctly, TI-GCC was built off some special 68k
build of GCC -- are you able to take a recent snapshot of the trunk and use
that, instead, or are you bound to the current base?

Now if only the SDK used TI-GCC, I truly believe I would see a 25% size
decrease in many of my programs -- it truly is amazing how ugly the
intermediate ASM output is.

    -Scott