Re: A89: when i say JUMP, you say WHEN?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:05 2001-02-19, you wrote:

>OK, here's the deal, I need to know how to calculate the actual value of
>jmp $34C5
>
>um... the address to be jumped to will vary, that is why i need to know how
>to calculate the machine code value. This is very necessary for some code
>that i am working on...

If you get a copy of "Programmers Reference Manual" from motorola, it has
the format for all opcodes together with the description of the instruction.
Get that book, it is very valuable for programming 68k. (I myself have hard
to understand how people can manage to program for the processor, _without_
any manual like this one :)
At least before, you could order it free from motorola, but there is .pdf
versions too.
The fastest way to find it is to download it from my page,
http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/ , but you can find it on motorolas pages too.

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: