A89: AMS >=2.04 protection (Was: Re: Announcement: mlink)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000, Zeljko Juric wrote:

> By the way, TIGCCLIB 2.2 will be released at Friday. I breaked
> the planed release date because I worked hardly on bypassing some
> stupid protections which are introduced in AMS 2.04 & AMS 2.05
> (which caused second-launch-crash; if you used TI-Chess with
> AMS 2.05, you know what I am talking about).

Could someone give me a nice explaination on WHAT, HOW and WHY this
protection is?

I have a HW1 with AMS 2.05 and I can run TIChess v3.01 many times without
archiving it. It seems to work just fine...  Have I missed something?!?

(Of course I had to write my own "run stub" because ticstart() refuses to
run the program if it isn't archived...  grrr...  I *wanted* to see the bug
in action...)

--
/Johan  "Knowledge is an illusion without answers."