A89: Hardware Info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Hardware Info

I have a few questions about the HW of the 89, and I
was wondering if anyone knew the answers.

1.  Does anyone know what the chip labeled "TI REF
200C040F001" does?  It appears to be chip made by TI
(if they make any chips).  It's only present in HW2
calcs.

2. What is the name of the Japanese company that made
the chip labeled "T 9952W HC14A" (only present in
HW2).  It's the same company that made the ram on HW2
calcs.  The logo on it looks like a slanted "T".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "T 9952W HC14A" chip
replaced the Orbit flash protection chip present in
HW1.

3. The 68k processor on HW2 calcs appears to be a
standard Motorola processor, and not a custom Motorola
chip.  I think it's labeled "MC68SEC000PB16", but
since I don't actually have a HW2 calc, I can't really
tell from pictures.  I do believe that the
"MC68SEC000PB16" chip is a standard Motorola processor
currently in production for handheld devices (ie. it
doesn't have the custom built in memory mapped I/O
that the custom HW1 processors have.)  Perhaps the
extra chip labeled "TI REF 200C040F001" handles the
memory mapped I/O on HW2 calcs.  Can anyone verify any
of this?

3. One last question:  Who made the chip labeled
"SM83AL LP324M" on HW1 and labeled "SJM01AD LP324M" on
HW2?  It's the LCD driver, right?

Thank you!
- Jeff Flanigan