A89: Re: The VAT and File Access

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: The VAT and File Access

Hi!

> I am making a strategy game with TIGCC, and want to add a 'savegame'
> feature that will put all the stuff in a variable, instead of adding
> about 4K onto the program just for one slot.

You probably mean about using global or static data.

> I would use the ANSI functions, but those suck,

Why suck? Because they generates somewhat bigger code? Well, it is true,
but they are quite easy to use.

> and I want to know how to use the TIOS routines in vat.h instead.

Well, I give a basic idea about it in the Frequently Asked Questions list
in the TIGCC documentation. For more advanced usage of vat.h download the
ScottFree interpreter (in the archive advint.zip in TI-89 Assembly Games)
then look how these functions are used in it.

By the way, wait a bit, a new release of ScottFree is in ticalc.org
waiting queue, it will solve some major bugs, so wait for this new release
before downloading. It will appear very soon.

Cheers,

Zeljko Juric