Re: A89: Question about Archive Utility 3.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Question about Archive Utility 3.0

Yeah, I've had the same problem with the TI-89 calcs running Archive
Utility... some calculators simply don't run with it... I've tried different
install programs, but I get the error you mentioned or something like
"incompatible version"...

MY calc worked, though, and it was HW1, AMS1.00.  It does mention in the
help file that some calcs manufactured too early or too late won't work as
far as hardware goes.  (this is including but not limited to AMS 2.03, to my
knowledge).

So the answer is no, unfortunately =(  I can't do anything besides tell you
that you aren't alone.  Of course, you could just simply upgrade to AMS2.03,
which is a heck of a lot better memory(archive) wise since it has AU built
in.  Besides, AU3 screws up your files more than just occaisionally.  Every
crash and a half, I remember about a quarter of my files were corrupted and
turned into giant literal strings that the calc recognized as several
hundred kilobytes.  This is incredibly annoying because you can't delete
them, and the only way you can fully restore the functionlality of your calc
is to REINSTALL the TIOS, which is a MUCH bigger pain than uploading to your
calc.

So get 2.03 =)  you'll live without the games for a while, because a lot of
the good ones are coming back.

--Zane Tian