Re: A89: AIME

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: AIME

In a message dated 3/29/00 3:39:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
felix@megsinet.net writes:

<< They are definitely not new (back in '83 it seems it seems the AIME
 started, AHSME earlier).  First there is the AHSME (actually this year they
 started segregating grade levels with AMC-10 and AMC-12.  This year if you
 scored above a 92 on the AMC-12, you became eligible to take the AIME, that
 is if your school would offer it.  In my school of 1200, only four took it
 this year.  If you do well combined on both, you may take the USAMO, 6
 hours, 6 questions, essay.  This is quite rare. >>
AIME i think is the same old. The AMC is new this year. A new person took
over the organization in charge of the tests. Also the test was notably
harder than the old test.
My school (now the Saginaw Arts and Sciences Acadamy, formerly the Center for
the Arts and Sciences) has been over represented at most of these tests. We
held all the top 50 in our county for the test (we only had 60 taking it too)
and 5 or 6 of the top 10 in the state.)

Did anyone here take part in the Intel SEF this year? Our school sent 10 to
the state, and we have 2 guaranteed spots in the International.

Jeff Barrett
Hybridsoft
Co-founder and Director of TI Programming
Hybridsoft.cjb.net
Ronibarrett@aol.com
AIM:RoniBarrett
ICQ:67472242