Re: A89: Invalid opcodes (was Re: Addressing)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Invalid opcodes (was Re: Addressing)

Inside

Niklas Brunlid wrote:

> > > A68k - which sucks royally
> >
> > On that note... How do I get a68k to stop complianing about
> > relocatability errors...
> >
> > StartOfRoutines:
> > r1:
> > r2:
> >
> > routineTable: dc.l r1-StartOfRoutine,r2-StartOfRoutines
>
> Offsets are signed words, not longwords.
Yes, except I forgot to mention that later on I add the base address to
the offsets to get a absolute address that does take a longword

> > That should give me offsets not absolute addresses... then later on I
> > should be able to say:
> >    lea StartOfRoutines(pc),a4
>
> Should be routineTable, not StartOfRoutines.

Yes, I made that mistake when I was typing this email

> >    move.w #1,d0 ;Routine 1
> >    mulu.w #4,d0
>
> Should _really_ be "lsl.w #2,d0"... :)

That is just a optimization... not a mistake

> >    jsr (d0,a4)
> >
> > But a68k doesn't like that...

Besides the other mistake... a68k still doesn't like it

--
Scott "_Wrath_" Dial
wrath@calc.org