Re: A89: Re: Game Programming -- Pure Assembly vs. TI-GCC?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 09:45:42PM -0500, Robin Kirkman wrote:

> A C compiler translates C code to assembly! This is done by the program 'cc1' in
> gcc.
> Next, it is assembled (by 'as' usually, but 'a68k' in ti-gcc i believe...) into
> object code.
> Then, if you have a decent linker, your object files are combined with libraries
> to make a final executable. In the case of the tigcc linker... Well, put simply,
> it kinda stinks because it lacks the ability to use labraries. (*.a). What would
> be nice is a port of GNU ld with the tigcc modifications (calling structure,
> etc) so that you could link everything into one object file, -then- run it
> through the tigcc linker.

Well, it is as what makes the translation to object code in TI-GCC.

> BTW.. anyone interested in a linux port of the tigcc linker? i did one...

I did also one... And besides, I've ported the very recent GCC (2.95.2) to
do the compiling to MC68k... So, what it really is, it is a TI-GCC
work-a-like in Linux. I hope to clean up the changes I've made so that I can
get a patch of it and upload it to the ti-calc.

As of now it is impossible to program in C for TI89 on Linux.

Henri Moilanen