Re: A89: how does one turn off the ti-89 in ASM with a key press?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scott Dial wrote:
> the calc off. Btw, I was interested if anyone knew how to turn the LCD
> off without turning the whole calc off? The best I have accomplished is
> the random one line that you see just before the OS turns the calc off.

Have you tried to clear bit 1 in port $600015 ?
I havn't tried that myself, but according to my docs, it should work.

from 89hw.txt:
600015:0                turns on the ~740kHz oscillator used for the LCD and the
timers
      :1                turns on data to the LCD, if 0, the LCD is all "white"
      :2                enables Autointerrupt 3, OSC/2^19 (1.4Hz)
      :3                enables incrementing of $600017
      :5..4             frequency of increment of $600017:

Oh. I just remembered. I _have_ tried it, and it do work :)

//Olle