Re: A89: Keypresses slow down programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Keypresses slow down programs

My tip is to always disable all interrupts that you don't use.
If you don't use any, just disable them all with trap #1, if you use some, like
with grayscale or something, change all the rest to a dummy interrupt which just
rte:s
Then you are always shure that the OS doesn't steal valuable cycles at any time.

//Olle

Sebastian Reichelt wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As everyone has probably noticed already, keypresses slow programs down to
> about half their speed.  My question is:  How can I fix this, if possible?
> Maybe I have to disable some interrupts?  It's for AUTOmatix 3D, a C
> program.  I test keypresses with the _rowread function.  If anyone wants the
> source to look at it, I can send it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> because this is really important for a car racing game.  The current
> solution is to speed the game up while a key is held down, but of course it
> still reduces the frame rate.
>
> If anyone has got an answer, please tell me how to do it in C or ASM,
> whichever is easiest.  I just hope that mixed projects really work. :-)
>
> Bye,
> Sebastian

Follow-Ups: References: