A89: Keypresses slow down programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Keypresses slow down programs

Hi!

As everyone has probably noticed already, keypresses slow programs down to
about half their speed.  My question is:  How can I fix this, if possible?
Maybe I have to disable some interrupts?  It's for AUTOmatix 3D, a C
program.  I test keypresses with the _rowread function.  If anyone wants the
source to look at it, I can send it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated,
because this is really important for a car racing game.  The current
solution is to speed the game up while a key is held down, but of course it
still reduces the frame rate.

If anyone has got an answer, please tell me how to do it in C or ASM,
whichever is easiest.  I just hope that mixed projects really work. :-)

Bye,
Sebastian