Re: A89: Clearing a string

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Clearing a string

In a message dated 7/4/00 10:39:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
goodsell@bridgernet.com writes:

> Well, honestly I've never considered extra generated code since I'm used to
>  programming for PCs and not calculators. I would expect the generated code
>  to be identical, but that's probably a bad assumption. As for redundency,
of
>  course it is redundant. I'm all for redundency when it makes the code more
>  clear. Isn't that practically the definition of "comment"? But if it
affects
>  the code size on a platform where that matters then that's a different
>  story.

Comments are NOT included in executables!  They're left out from the
compilation, because, after all, they don't actually _do_ anything.  What you
could do is explain some optimized code with a comment, and thus get the
efficient generated code along with readability.  But slowing down the code
on purpose is generally very wasteful, whether for computer or calculator.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://jonah.ticalc.org