Re: A89: Need help with game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Need help with game

I think that these are the op codes:
lsl <-logical shift left
lsr <-logical shift right

Also, I would not recommend doing this directly to the sprite itself, but
rather a buffer, because you loose however many bits you specify.  Here is
an example:

sprite:
 dc.b %11110001  <-notice this line
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001

'lsl sprite,4' then results w/ this:

sprite:
 dc.b %00011000
 dc.b %00011000
 dc.b %00011000
 dc.b %00011000
 dc.b %00011000
 dc.b %00011000
 dc.b %00011000
 dc.b %00010000

Notice, everyline was moved left, and all of the extra was moved to the end
of the line above it, except the first line, which just got rid of the
'extra' bits.  Now if we try to restore the modified sprite back to it's
original state (by 'lsr sprite,4), we end up w/ this:

sprite:
 dc.b %00000001  <-notice this line
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001
 dc.b %10000001

You end up losing those first 4 bits.

-Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: kilier2
http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman