Re: A89: Re: Re: Landscape algorithm?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Landscape algorithm?

> d'oh! i am making scorched earth as well (a simplified version).  but mine is
probably gonna suck.
>anyway, i already have my landscape generation and bullet plotting.  all i have
to do now is draw
> the explosions and stuff.  that is if i ever get off (on?) my lazy butt and do
it.  my landscape is
> randomly generated hilly terrain, no cliffs or overhangs.

Drawing gfx is what I need help with the most =)

> if what you are going for is a "worms" type game, i think i saw a worms game
in the 92 section,
>though i haven't checked it out or played it or anything.

Assuming that you're talking about Tinx/Tinx2, then yes, I know about it - I
wrote them =)
The landscape generator in those was ye old divide-and-displace algorithm. It
gave nice-looking
landscapes but all you could vary was how flat/steep they should be.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

"I saw a film where there was an alien crawling around inside a spaceship's
air ducts and it could come out wherever it liked," said Johnny
reproachfully.
"Doubtless it had a map," said the Captain.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)

Follow-Ups: References: