A89: Determining the size of a routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Determining the size of a routine

Hi! I am trying to determine the size of a routine after it is assembled, but
I am having a little difficulty doing so. I put lables at the beginning and
end of the routine, and subtracted them to get the size, but this returned a
value equivilant to about 2MB, which is obviously wrong. Is there a way to
determine the size a specific opcode will be once compiled (or better yet, a
program to do this for me) so I can hardcode the size of the function into
the program (I would have to calculate the size of every opcode in the
routine and add them together to get the size of the routine)? If anyone can
think of another/better way to do this, please tell me. Thanks.

Josh