Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

> Geez, what's up with the rash of ill-informed posts on this list?  The
size
> limit is in SOFTWARE ONLY and only applies to ASM PROGRAMS and not
> applications.  ASM programs, whether built by TIGCC, TI Flash Studio, or
> a68k, have an 8k/24k limit (depending on AMS version) in software which
has
> been circumvented by certain programs.
>
> The catch is that you CAN'T program apps without paying to have the
signed,
> even free ones.  The SDK can make ASM programs just as well as anything
> else, but to use all the benefits of apps (including "legally" surpassing
> the size limit) you'll have to pay for signings.

OK, I didn't know any better, and I'm sorry to have said anything.  I
thought the SDK was for Flash Apps only, and that it had a built-in size
limit.  If the SDK can make ASM programs, there is no problem, at least on
the present HW1 and HW2.