A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

> > When will that be?  I'm almost done with the next release of my IDE, which
> > will feature fast real-time syntax highlighting, infinite undo,
> calculation
> > of the exact position of a compile-time error, and hopefully a more
> complete
> >
> > BTW, the SDK only has a command-line compiler, right?  Can you tell just
> by
> > looking at the contract whether it is legal to use it in the TI-GCC IDE
> (e.
> > g. call it the way I call GCC and the linker)?
>
> Well, TI's IDE has a lot of potential to be very, very nice, and I like it a
> lot.  I have a feeling that people who use TI's IDE are going to stick to
> TI's IDE - the first build contains everything you mentioned in your first
> paragraph, plus a lot more that I can't reveal (remember, they have the
> benefit of being able to fully integrate everything. . . you'll see, I
> suppose).

TI-GCC does the important things mentioned there too - at least if you use a
decent editor for the job.
<ADVERTISMENT>
UltraEdit does a good job with syntax highlighting, both in asm and in C, and it
can interpret GCC:s output good enough to jump to the correct line in the
correct file when you click on the error description.
</ADVERISMENT>
Or does TI:s IDE jump to the _exact_ position of the error?
As for the index, well, you can't get everything for free - but the docs for
TI-GCC Library are a very good reference, even with missing functions and
potentially false information. Does the SDK have any information such as I/O and
low-level functions?

--
 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb --
they're often *students*, for heaven's sake.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Follow-Ups: References: