A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

Hi!

> I'm under the impression that you're not going to find
> out too many more useful functions yourslef without the
> SDK - even searching through the ROM Call table isn't
> going to help you figure our what some of the more confusing
> functions do (I know you had those problems with is_symmetric()).

At the moment, I know about 150 functions more in addition what
I docummented in TIGCCLIB, although I have not time to document
it, as I am not able to write enough fast in English, as it is
not my native language (I am not good in English). Of course, I
am not able to discover meaning of ALL TIOS functions (maybe I
would be able if I didn't have any other job at all), but I am
surely able to discover about 70-80% of them. Problems with
is_symmetric are caused mainly with mis-interpretation of the
word "symmetric" which in my language have different mathematical
meaning.

By the way, my enthusiasam for searching is lower than before,
because I don't want to reinvent the wheel, as I know that SDK
will be available soon. And I am really bored about documenting
the function which will be removed in the next release of AMS!

> My SDK license says that I can't say anything until TI releases
> the material publically, which, if they use 90 days of alpha
> testing and 90 days of beta testing (the 83+ SDK beta was 90
> days, which is where that number comes from), is maybe 5 months
> down the road.

Does it mean that reproducing their info will be legal after they
releases the material publically? I don't think so.

> Why not release TIGCCLIB 2.2 just before you accept the offer,

This will probably be the scenario. And I think that releasing
TIGCCLIB 2.2 will not be illegal even after accepting the offer,
because I don't plan to release any new informations in it: I
only plan to introduce some bugfixes, and some improvements not
related to TIOS, like directives for making interrupt handlers,
as in following example:

handler(AutoInt1_handler)
{
  // The code
}

> and then a couple months later you can release a completely
> redone TIGCCLIB 3.0?

Would it still be actual?

> If you're still not interested,

For what? SDK testing? I am interested.