Re: A89: kernel/no stub

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: kernel/no stub

S43R80@aol.com wrote:
> I'm not understanding how the kernel will allow faster access to certain
> functions...what do you mean?  How do you make the 'applications do
> everything themselves'?  What functions in the kernel need to be called which
> if not done from the program code will dissallow it from being used by the
> ti???
> Also, what is the deal with the nostub (and what exactly is stub :)???
> ...Steven

No, he is quite off. The only thing the kernel does, is providing easy access to
libraries, and handling of thoose. It also has a different format of relocation
if I'm not mistaken.
I think the name nostub comes from that it does not have a "stub" program for
them quite large)
The AMS handles relocation and stuff quite well, so there is not really any need
for a kernel, other then for easy handling of libraries.
all system calls are made via the jumptable in ram, at adress 200 (decimal), the
kernel has nothing to do with that.
A nostub program is simply a program in AMS own fileformat for assembler
programs.

//Olle
(who thinks the guys who really know what they talk about, should explain this,
like Johan :)