Re: A89: kernel/no stub

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: kernel/no stub

> A Kernel is a program that provides functions to other programs or even
>  directly runs other programs.  All operating systems (Windows, Linux,
>  MacOS) all have a Kernel.  It is the base of the operating system that
does
>  what software wants it to do.  I think the purpose of having any sort of
>  kernel on a TI-89 at all is to provide easier, faster access to commonly
>  used functions in the calculators (vs the applications having to do
>  everything themselves, although libraries sure help).
>  I hope this helps (and is right?)

I'm not understanding how the kernel will allow faster access to certain
functions...what do you mean?  How do you make the 'applications do
everything themselves'?  What functions in the kernel need to be called which
if not done from the program code will dissallow it from being used by the
ti???
Also, what is the deal with the nostub (and what exactly is stub :)???
...Steven