Re: A89: Re: Game Ideas...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Game Ideas...

I am looking at my Atari 800 cartridges... and some floppy disks from
memory.
These are some of the games that I spent lots of time playing.  This list is
for my memory as well as for game ideas.

*******
Space Raider!
     Sprite based game in 3d space with pitch and yaw and speed control (0
to 9[can be damaged])!

You have to beet the clock and watch 4 types of screens:

Map,   --grid representing sectors.  showing you,  enemy forces, and your
starbases and starbases that are being attacked  use a cursor to select the
cursor you want to warp to.

Warp  -- warp lines with an x   (use the joystick to keep the x's lined up,
if you don't you end up in a different sector)

Cockpit -- fore and aft view. see the stars move when you have higher
speeds, shoot your 2 photon cannons (either one or both can be dammaged)
using your targeting scope (can be damaged) to aim. shoot asteroids to avoid
being dammaged by them, (or dodge them) shoot the boetyes and hamburgers
that get bigger when they close in on you (you can even tell how far away
they are by using your rader... that can be damaged).  If you are in a
sector with a starbase you dock with it in this view (a little shuttle comes
and greets you if you stop close enough to the starbase)
you get healed when you dock.  I think you also have to consider fuel.

Sector map. (3d map showing stars, you, relative enemy location and
starbases) think descent type map... but with points

When you finish the game You are given a rank! it is so fun to read those
ranks... admiral to cook to garbage man to lutenate!

****************

Worm war!

like centipede but a heck of a lot more fun.
fly a ship, sence of movement, worms are kinda cute blocks...
******
Star Trek Strategic operations simulator (fly though chicken leggs and shoot
ships on a 2d plane)
******
miner 49er
hard hat mack (apple II)

awesome platform games
**********
Out of this world --Interplay (PC, MAC, and apple IIgs)
**********
an awesome game where you drive a hovercraft to collect supply cansiters,
avoid hitting buggs and rocks,  and get to a cave entrance.  Then you play a
side scrolling game where you use a jetpack and those supplies to gather
explosives... then you exit the mine and transport to a facility where you
have to plant the explosives in designated areas while looking down (like
zelda)... oh this game was so fun.  (apple IIgs.. fit on a few floppy disks
(720k methinks... lotsa graphics and sound though... could be made into 3
games)

******
Cyrstal Quest  (use mouse (pointing device)to gather all crystals on a plane
with obsicals.  player sees whole field)
*********
Apple Panic

This is an awesome game... I want to see it done very much.

Think Old mario bros (no scrolling... oh that would be a good one for the
calcs...) but simpler.

 You've got platforms and ladders (yawn)... and a shovel(!) dig holes in a
the platform and lure the W's and the other creatures into a hole. beat em
up so they fall down it if they get stuck, put two holes in line and make
the monster fall through 2 (some have to fall extra far to die)

*****

Seafox (like subhunt... but much better... from broderbund)
you are the sub! shoot the ships, avoid the subs and fishes.
********
submarine commander
again shoot boats...
but from the perspective of a parascope! and a map you gotta get to  the
enemy...
Avoid hitting ground in your main screen... depth gauge and picture, sonar
sweep shows enemy locations

*****
dual
2 dudes got guns, wagons move inbetwen em.  Trees bounce bullets back.
Cacti get damaged and blow into oblivion, the sherif runs out of amo and has
to walk to where the ammunition is dumped This is a very fun game, should be
easy to program

*****
baseball
(this game requires 2 joysticks... OOohhh that would be a good HW device...
external joysticks!)

1d controls... a whole lotta fun though

batt is just a line

swing when ball will hit bat, pitcher controls ball velocity and position
though the entire path, move outfielders towards home or away... or jump

control infield runners
i spend a whole lot of time playing this game.
*****
Starwars (10 mHz 286 1 mb ram) 3d wireframe arcade game.. color and sound...
very small pc version could fit on calc rom (not run ofcours)

*****