Re: A89: Re: Making a faster map routine(round #2)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Making a faster map routine(round #2)

Here is what I have been able to do with the map.  I
am not even going to try moving one pixel at a time
until I get it faster.  I have tried Niklas's
suggestion but haven't been able to get it to work
yet.

--- Scott Noveck <noveck@pluto.njcc.com> wrote:

> >I have tried doing this and am getting nowhere.
> Could
> >somebody make a small example that shows how to do
> >this with one plane and one sprite repeated over
> the
> >screen?  Thanks
>
> Niklas is saying that if every sprite is at an
> aligned address - every x
> address is divisible by 8 - then rather than using a
> non-aligned putsprite
> routine you can use a much faster aligned one.
>
> Also, by drawing the sprites to a buffer first and
> then copying the buffer
> to the screen you remove most of the flicker
> problem.
>
> Why don't you send the slow map routine you have so
> far to the list and let
> us try to optimize it to your needs?  You should
> always send the source to
> these things the first time around, as it's much
> easier to provide help if
> we know what you've got so far and what needs to be
> improved.  I don't have
> the time to write up a generic map engine now, but
> I'm sure I can get yours
> faster than you need =)
>
> Be sure that you're using a jumptable for those
> sprites, a sprite routine
> suited to your needs, and a buffer in BSS to draw
> to.
>
>     -Scott Noveck (SMN)
>      ACZ Member
>      http://scott.acz.org <-- coming soon

=====
Visit my website, Some Assembly Required, at
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/gilford/908
For the best of japanese programs and news on
my rpg, Brave Warrior Itami.