Re: A89: Re: ATTN: The guy who had the "source" of AU.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scott Dial wrote:
> other means. btw, did ti not leave a way to reflash the rom in the event
> of such a problem or maybe the flash rom becomes corrupted. Hmm, what
> then?

It is possible to permanently destroy your calc (on old not hardware 2.00) so it
is impossible to reflash it with software (there is always the possibility to
remove the chip physically and reflash it in a stand alone flash programmer)
There is an area where the "bootloader" is, but this one checks some bytes in
the normal, possible-to-deprotect, flash, and if you change thoose bytes, it
will refuse to start.
(I don't know anything about the hardware v2.00 calc, because I have never seen
any. I can only speculate in its function)

//Olle