Re: A89: Starting questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Starting questions

According to Captain:

> Is it necessary to install the plusshell or doorsos kernel to run the
> asm programs on the 89?  And why?  Doesn't the 89 support assembly
> enough?
>
> Also, what exactly does the kernel do when installed?  Is it possible it
> could cause errors?  After installing the kernel on my calc, I started
> getting weird errors running BASIC programs, like mem errors with 100K
> of RAM free, and Domain errors at EndDlog commands...
>
> Is there any Mac 68k compilers specifically for the 89, or any special
> libraries for normal C compilers I could use to write asm for the 89 out
> there?  If not, I could compile stuff on a friend's computer, so what
> compiler does the PC have that you use?
>
> Lastly, where could I find some 89 asm tutorials?
>
> -Thanks

Asm kernel are not needed to write asm programs. But without a
kernel it's much harder to code (for example, no BSS, no functions ...).
But there isn't have any programs without a kernel (with the source). I
will put a example of using assembly without a kernel in a few weeks (in
fact it's Secure v1.2 written by Alban Gervaise (AkA Endive).

For 89 asm tutorial, check 68000 instruction set (text by Jimmy mardel).
After check sources ... (if you are french, go get ZGuide).
To compile programs use A68K, a 68000 compiler. Each kernel use
this compiler and change a little the .obj to include a correct
file header.
I'm sure that a 68000 compiler could be found on a Mac (as some Macs
are a 68k ...).

CandyMan
Http://www.i-france.com/candyman

Follow-Ups: References: