A89: Starting questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Starting questions

Is it necessary to install the plusshell or doorsos kernel to run the
asm programs on the 89?  And why?  Doesn't the 89 support assembly
enough?

Also, what exactly does the kernel do when installed?  Is it possible it
could cause errors?  After installing the kernel on my calc, I started
getting weird errors running BASIC programs, like mem errors with 100K
of RAM free, and Domain errors at EndDlog commands...

Is there any Mac 68k compilers specifically for the 89, or any special
libraries for normal C compilers I could use to write asm for the 89 out
there?  If not, I could compile stuff on a friend's computer, so what
compiler does the PC have that you use?

Lastly, where could I find some 89 asm tutorials?

-Thanks