Re: A89: TI89 ROM vs HP49 ROM -- No More TI Bashing!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MathWiz314@AOL.COM writes:

> Has it occurred to anyone that TI wrote in c just because they needed a new
>  product out quickly.  TI is a big company hungry for profits and in order
>
>  make profits, they needed to get the 89 out quickly, even at the expense
of
>  quality. HP, who doesn't get many calculator sales anyway, can take the
time

>  to do a job properly because they don't have millions of students waiting
> for
>  their next release.  So TI really is stupid, its just in a hurry.

First of all, there is nothing wrong with making money. What do you think
buys that computer you use and the internet connection, or the calculator of
which you speak?

Second, they are completely excused for making an OS in a bit of a hurry, and
in a bloated way, for one reason: YOU CAN REPLACE THE ROM! TI can rewrite the
thing in ASM later, but it will take a couple years, and by then I'll have
graduated from High School, and the calculator wouldn't be much use, would it?

So please, everyone who has this insane idea that TI is cheating us- shut up!
If they were cheap bastards, they'd charge us for OS upgrades!