Re: A89: Re: arrays...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: arrays...

Hey!!!  start reading more careful!!

ds.b  (that is an S before the point) does exactly what you say, and defines
that many bytes that the number after it indicate (exept for that 0 thing, wich
obviosly is a bug)

dc.b  (that is an C before the point) does exactly what miles says, and stores
that number at that place.

//Olle

S43R80@aol.com wrote:

> hmm...i was under the impression that the number after the label is how many
> bytes are to  be saved for use in tables/arrays whatever you want to call
> them...
>
> Is what miles said correct?....that the number after the label is the number
> to be stored in that particular address???  I didn't think so, but probably
> am wrong :)
>
> also if it just allocates bytes then why does ds.b 0 and ds.1 basically do
> the same thing as in my original message...
> thanks

> > yes, dc.x does that..  but we are discussing ds.x :)
> >
> >  //Olle
> >
> >  Miles Raymond wrote:
> >  >
> >  > You allocate the space with the dc.x op code.  The number after it is
> just
> >  > what is stored in that space.
> >  >
> >  > So in effect, both are lists of one byte, but they are different in that:
> >  > (displayed in TI-BASIC for simplicity)
> >  >
> >  > array1 = {1}
> >  > array2 = {0}
> >  >
> >  > -Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
> >  > ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: KilIer2 (kilier2)
> >  > http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman/
> >  >

Follow-Ups: References: