Re: A89: on calc time

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: on calc time

>i have a question, the apd timer times while the calc is on or off, right?

Wrong -- the APD (Auto Power Down, there's a hyphen in there somewhere) only
detects how long the calculator has been running.  It's an interrupt, and
like all interrupts, is disabled when the calc is off.

>so if we make a program that detects how long the calc has been off,
>couldn't you make a time program that works all the time.i have no idea how
>the hardware's setup so that's why i'm sending it to the hardware list.

Nope, it just can't be done on TI's unless they give us a crystal-clock
thingy (we had this discussion months ago =).  And FYI, the hardware
discussion won't receive that unless you're subscribed to it. . .

    -Scott