Re: A89: Overwriting ROM (was Re: Linux Port)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Overwriting ROM (was Re: Linux Port)

> The secret of overwriting portions of the ROM will probably never be shared
>  by those of us who know it - it's too powerful.  Wormhole (one of the
French
>  guys) actually DID write a successful virus, and tested it himself - he
>  couldn't FLASH over his calc.  And his antivirus didn't work, so he
actually
>  had to go into his ROM hex editor (I want one of those =) and fix it. . .
>  then again, I'm sure that he could have just screwed it up worse and sent
in
>  to TI to fix it =)

without sharing the secret...how the hell were they able to find this bug
anyway?  also how many people no specifically how to utilize it???...do you
just randomly right to different addresses (definately not)...but how was it
found?...perhaps it will be shared once the bug/whatever_it_is in a latter
version of the rom...although i really wouldn't have much use for it...

-Steven