Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

Patrick Sweeney wrote:

>So, we would just to be sure to not overwrite that part, if we ever figure out
>how that whole mess works, and what to save, and what not to save.

TI has already anticipated problems with parts of the rom being
overwritten.  They have hardware locked the first 64k (?) of the flashrom
chip, and if all else fails, pulling out all the batteries, then holding
the APPS key while you insert the last one will bring you to the
bootloader screen which allows you to reinstall TI code.  Interestingly
enough, if the port is ever developed, this would probably be the
preferred way of installing it...

-Mark Zavislak
felix@megsinet.net