Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

So, we would just to be sure to not overwrite that part, if we ever figure out
how that whole mess works, and what to save, and what not to save.
Being that all Linux Kernals are compiled with some sort of InNput and Output
drivers, we would just create one that used the TI keypad how we wanted it to.
Maybe make typing letters the default, or whatever.  When using a custom OS,
some things become easier, such as external hardware and their drivers.  This
means that we could have an external keyboard, such as the PalmPilot one.  Maybe
writing for 89ASM wasn't feasible, but for our project it could be.
-Patrick Sweeney
psweeney@geocities.com