Re: A89: Ti-Calc newsgroup on usenet

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Ti-Calc newsgroup on usenet

So we can get spam directly, instead of from the list.  I never use my
email name directly when commmunicating with newsgroups. It's always
scrambled.

Newsgroups owners in the past were required to document usage and provide
that.  Never heard of having to provide email addresses first.  That would
be an impossible task to get enough names first.

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Charles Vaughn wrote:

> I would like to start a new newsgroup on Usenet for all TI-Graph
> calculators.  This group would be moderated only to erase spam and get
> rid of off-topic and offensive posts.  However, most servers need to see
> numeric justification in the way of a list of names before they will add
> the group.  Please reply to this address with your e-mail so I can prove
> that there are people interested in starting a forum to share there
> intrests.

Shoot-to-Win

Protect the 2nd Amendment