Re: A89: TCML Proposal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TCML Proposal

At 14:15 1999-01-17 -0600, you wrote:
>>Writing a simple HTML browser, like Lynx should't be any problem. Lynx
>>doesn't support much... not even tables IIRC.
>
>A simple browser like Lynx wouldn't be too hard to write, but would still
>be several orders of magnitude slower then a TCML browser. As I said
>before, a TCML browser uses less then five instructions to parse a line,
>even a Lynxish browser would need more instructions then that
>_per_character_.  With 20+ characters per line that quickly adds up.

Like anyone would notice if the page took 0.001 seconds to show instead
of 0.1 seconds... anyhow, a telnet application is kind of more important.
Then you could just run lynx from the server and let the server to the
HTML parsing :)

//Jimmy Mårdell

E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/