Re: A89: TCML Proposal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TCML Proposal

>First, what's the point of making a browser supporting only TCML when
>all webpages on the net are in HTML? Should it only be possible to go
>to special sites made for ticalcs...?

It wouldn't be too hard to write a cgi that would do the HTML -> TCML
change.  Besides, pages not made for the calc probably wouldn't look too
good on the small screen (try looking at a page designed for a 21 inch
monitor with a 15 inch one).

>Writing a simple HTML browser, like Lynx should't be any problem. Lynx
>doesn't support much... not even tables IIRC.

A simple browser like Lynx wouldn't be too hard to write, but would still
be several orders of magnitude slower then a TCML browser.  As I said
before, a TCML browser uses less then five instructions to parse a line,
even a Lynxish browser would need more instructions then that
_per_character_.  With 20+ characters per line that quickly adds up.

	--Nate

Follow-Ups: References: