A89: Re: TCML Proposal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: TCML Proposal

    Who is actually going to listen to this standard? Are you making the web
browser? Also, how are you supposed to have bold text? Hmm, redesign the
font? Because I wasnt aware the TI-89 allowed this. With a screen so small
you cant even fit a whole sentence on.. If it was the TI-92, then yes.. it
would make more sense (although still would basically be a waste of time).
But the TI-89 has a smaller screen size and thus it isnt really worth the
trouble of trying to start a new standard on a mailing list designed for
assembly for a calculator that cant even display more then 20 characters
width. Hell, some domain names are almost that long. 20 Characters! Heck,
one sentence would wrap into four lines! Until TI manufactures hardware to
allow TI communication over phone lines (hmm.. there's an idea), or the
screensize is much larger then it currently is, the idea isnt really
feasible, IHMO.

    Please guys, you guys are talking about AOL and all this stuff. If your
so excited, grab some electronics books and start building a serial modem..
talk is cheap. All the good "hackers" like Dan Eble, or Olle's friend.. I
mean, they dont really care what the mailing lists say, or at least I doubt
it. They are doing this for there own curiousity. Stop dreaming, ugh, it
just wastes the mailing lists time. Like I told someone allready, it is ok
to dream - that is what hardware@lists.ticalc.org and basic@lists.ticalc.org
is for. Most people are here to program. That is why they shutup - they are
too busy programming to dream - they are making the dreams a reality.

    Ugh, why did I write this?

    -Matt

    --
    Proposed TCML v1.0 Standard