Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

>A browser for the calc would be simple.  Just make it bare bones like
lynx.  (Any
>body who doesn't know what that is got to freeshells.org and get a unix box).
>Have it toss out all the format codes such as <H> and <B> and keep just hyper
>links and put a box for the image.  Another option is have a dedicated server
>that's sole purpose was to convert the html for the calculator.  Creating
a whole
>new language is self defeating.  Only the people who had the calculators
would be
>able to view them.

The problem with using a HTML like language would be performance lost in
the parsing phase.  As I mentioned in a previous post, even stripped down
HTML would be very difficult to parse in a short amount of time.  I'm not
saying don't support HTML though.  I mentioned a <TCML> tag that would
allow a browser to use both TCML and HTML -- that would deffinitly be
helpful.  Since differences in screen sizes would make it hard for the same
page to look good on a computer and a calc, I think that compatability
shouldn't be pushed over performance.

	--Nate