Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Internet Link (New language?)

In a message dated 01/11/1999 5:01:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
padrino@earthlink.net writes:

> Again, I disagree. It would not be as easy to create a HTML browser. There
> are
>  inherent limitations to the Ti-89's display. Most modern HTML pages are
> formatted
>  to a large computer monitor with the latest 4.0 standards, and they are
> heavily
>  nested in frames tables and images. Creting a TI-Calculator browser able to
> cut
>  through these obstacles would be a very difficult task!
>
>  Creating our own standard would be simpler, and much more efficient.

I wasn't thinking of an HTML 4.0 implementation.  Then we would have to
implement JavaScript too, and Java, and input boxes. HTML 1.0 would serve the
purpose fine.  I'm in support of a browser that would read HTML and TCML.

Daniel Imfeld