Re: A89: Newbie here! :D

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Newbie here! :D

>Note: I have a Power Mac, so pointing to Wintel resources won't help..

Ahh, like me you invested in the fastest hardware platform available,
without thinking about the lack of software.  The good news is that you can
find plenty of assemblers for the Mac, you just need to try a little
harder.  Or if you don't feel like trying a little harder, I suggest you
install Linux on half of you Mac (http://www.linuxppc.com).  While MacOS is
a really good user envirnoment it is a real crappy developer envirnoment.
Finding m68k assemblers for linux is trivial.  If you want to use MacOS
your job is a little harder.  On Motorola's 68k page -- http://www.mot.com
-- there are a bunch of people who offer free Mac assemblers.  I can't
remember any of the names though, you'll have to look.  Then you can write
programs (including all the headers that came with plushell).  I haven't
done this with my Mac side for a while, but I remember some post-processing
stuff that you had to do.  I ended up doing this by hand for a while, then
wrote a perl script (that I can't find now, sorry) that did it for me.  It
would be cool if someone wrote an AppleScript script that would do these
tasks...
I played around with this for a while, and managed to get Hello World to
work, but then gave up and switched to Linux.  If you get proficent at the
Mac stuff please write a tutorial, I've had a lot of questions about this
and haven't been able to answer many.

	--Nate