Re: A89: Wierd Calc Thing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Wierd Calc Thing

In a message dated 2/10/99 2:11:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, asm89@juno.com
writes:

> Has anyone else noticed that when the batteries are low, you can't send
>  anything large to the 89? The computer reports a checksum error. It
>  happened on both my 89 and a friend's. Speaking of which, why does the 89
>  go through batteries so fast? The rechargable alkaline didn't even last
>  for a month. I didn't use it any more than my other calcs (86 and 82).
>  Another wierd thing I noticed was that games started to pause for a
>  split-second every few seconds. I never had this before. Everything went
>  away after I replaced the batteries. Any ideas?

Yes, I've noticed that it burns through batteries fast, too. However, this
makes perfect sense: a bigger LCD screen, (perhaps it's added sharpness adds a
few extra 100ths of a volt), more components, and most importantly, a more
powerful processor all take more batteries. Get a Renewal battery thingy or,
even better, one of those new ones that don't have memory, and it won't bother
you anymore. :)