Re: A89: Garbage Archiving

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Garbage Archiving

Garbage Archiver rearranges the memory on the flash rom, and a flash rom
bit can only be flash X amount of times (I thought it was something like
30,000 times but it is probably higher). So everytime you play the game,
you wear away at the flash rom bits. It isn't a terrible thing but
unless you really need to move something on and off the flash rom, you
really shouldn't. The fix to this is by keeping it in RAM.

Side note: Why can't we just copy the variable, run it, and delete. The
OS does this, so why don't we?

--
Scott "_Wrath_" Dial
wrath@calc.org