Re: A89: TI cares? (was Re: A89: Re: Re: Cracking AMS 2.01)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI cares? (was Re: A89: Re: Re: Cracking AMS 2.01)

> What portion of the people who own Ti-89 are customers of TI?
100%

> What portion of assembler programmers are harmed by the 8kB limit?
The 1% who would rather spend their time complaining about an issue
instead of addressing the issue.

> How many new customers does TI gain by imposing the 8kB limit?
Perhaps a few hundred software companies who want to cash in on the
student calculator market without the risk of a new and untested
hardware platform.  I don't think you understand the money to be made in
this market.  If you team up with a calculus book author and have them
put examples in there using your 3d-visualization software for the
ti-89, guess how much you've just forced your way into a market that is
so hard to breach without the clout TI has?

> Has anyone asked TI "why?"  I think I will.
Go ahead.  Please relay the answer back to us.