Re: A89: Saving your Flash Rom in 4 Easy Steps

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Saving your Flash Rom in 4 Easy Steps

In a message dated 9/28/98 4:22:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ti89calc@midsouth.rr.com writes:

> DIRECT FROM TI:
>
>  I am not specifically aware of any viruses that would damage the TI-89. In
>  order for a program to permanently write to the TI-89 memory, it must be
>  compiled by TI and turned into a special application that directly sends
>  information to the calculator. One example of this is the Flash ROM
>  versions that we have available on our web site. We also plan to release
>  other applets as time goes on. Since these applets and Flash ROM versions
>  will always be available from the TI web site, I recommend that you ONLY
>  download ROM applets or updates from our site, unless our site SPECIFICALLY
>  directs you to a third party site.
>  No TI Basic program should be able to access the Flash ROM portion of the
>  calculator and erase the ROM. Even if someone develops a way to damage the
>  ROM that is installed on your calculator, you will always be able to
>  download a good copy of the ROM from our web site and reinstall it. The
>  biggest potential loss is of your programs.

the FlashROM program does not "edit" or "write to" the Flash ROM, it destorys
it (the user data which is a part of the Flash ROM).

Visit the TurboSoft Homepage:  The most current Basic programs created by
TurboSoft for the 89.
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html">
http://members.aol.com/turbosoft/turbosoft.html</A>