Re: A89: Virus Scanner for the 89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Virus Scanner for the 89

In a message dated 9/26/98 7:21:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ti7@hotmail.com
writes:

> Has anyone heard about the FLASHROM program that is circulating around
>  the internet and the websites?
>  I was talking to someone, and they were wondering if it was possible for
>  anyone to create a PC or a calculator program that could scan an 89 file
>  to see if it will kill your calc?  If anyone could do this, for real,
>  and not just create a scanning program that kills your calc, I'm sure
>  everyone would be grateful for the creation of it.

hmm...l think that's my program...oops.  well anyway l at least put a warning
screen at the beginning that alerts the user.
The intent of the program is not to destroy calculators per se but to prove
that it can be done, especially by someone else without your knowledge.  This
makes having a sort of program that will scan for this type of virus is kinda
important.  Perhaps if the program would scan for the  Archive(  commmand then
that may be sufficient.