A89: ti-89 video mem size

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: ti-89 video mem size

I have a question about the video-memory on the ti-89.  Now, the actual memory is the same size as the 92+ right? but only a portion of it can be seen.  Does this mean that there's a whole lot of extra memory that can be used for variable storage?  or is it somehow just omitted?  One thing I noticed is that if you make a "hello world" program, but make the "hello world" string be very long like, "hello world, how are you today?  I don't feel really well because I'm confused about ..." then it will wrap around the screen just like the 92+ would, but you wouldn't see stuff off the screen...  I guess this means that when games and apps are being programmed specifically for the 89, you will no longer be able to use the video-mem like one big long chunk of ram.  Now, it's a bunch of little pieces that are all cut up and separated :-( so wrapping will not be able to be used quite as easily (for instance with an asteroids game where the asteroids carry from one side of the screen onto the other).
__
Thayne Miller
mailto:yomaster@inconnect.com
ICQ# 4637439 | mailto:4637439@pager.mirabilis.com

             LDS member  http://www.lds.org

"The greatest pleasure in yo-yoing is an abstract
pleasure--watching the dramatization of simple physical
laws, and realizing they will never fail if a trick is done
correctly.  The geometric purity of it!  The string isn't
just a string, it is a tool in the enactment of theorems.
It is a line, an idea"       - Frank Conroy, Stop Time