Re: A89: annoying little quirks

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: annoying little quirks

>guess what!  I was really dissapointed today when I opened my email client
>to find 25 messages all relating to this dumb question.  If someone says
>something wrong, don't get pissed.  Just answer it once and if there is
>already an answer to it, don't REPEAT IT.  It gets really annoying having to
>sort though all these pointless messages because everyone thinks they know
>what's right.  big deal?

Well, I guess I would have to agree with you, even though I started this.
But it was just so FUNNY:  this guy writes to the list with a "Fact"
equivalent to "the earth is flat."  I write back and say "well, what about
the people sailing all the way around the earth?", and somebody else mails
up with "and what about the pictures of a spherical earth from space?", and
then somebody else writes to the list with "what about that Greek guy who
calculated the circumference of the Earth?"  And then the original guy does
the email equivalent of stamping his foot and saying "NO!  the earth is
flat!"  i just found it amusing, that's all.

Robby Gutmann
gutmann@planet-connect.com
ICQ UIN: 724927      Agonostis on IRC

Of course, Ankh-Morpork's citizens had always claimed that the river water
was incredibly pure. Any water that had passed through so many kidneys,
they reasoned, had to be very pure indeed.
	-- (Terry Pratchett, Sourcery)