Re: A89: TI89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI89

At 08:56 PM 10/30/98, S43R80@aol.com said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Beginning of Original Message~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Well, My 85 was recently stolen..The thing that really bothered me was that I
>just started my first game (which would have been worthy of releasing), that
>would have been finished in around 1 month...I had no intention of buying the
>89 because I already had a calculator that worked fine but I guess now I have
>a reason...I would like to know what you all think of the calc...Do any of you

the calc is great!  if you ever plan on advancing further than calculus then it's a good little tool to have.  it's especially helpful when checking problems or tests!  =)

>regret buying it, and is programming in 68K any/much more difficult than
>programming for the z80?...also are assembly games written in 68K any "better"

i don't know if they're any better.  i've played asm games on the 86 and 85 and compared to the ones i've played on the 89, i don't see much of a difference.  although with the 89's 384k of user-available memory, i think games for the 89 will be much more detailed.  which could cause a "better" game.

>than say with the z80 or is the only difference the size of the game?...I went
>to staples today and they didn't have the calc, so where can I buy it?  Where
>would the definately have it in stock?

i got mine at
http://www.calculatorsinc.com
for $137 (includes shipping)

and the other day i was at an office max and saw them there for 150.

>     -thanks-
>
>Steven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Original Message~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{-keYmo-}