Re: A89: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

>I can understand that the user needs simplicity, however, making one giant
>library would cause far more problems than it would solve.  Because from time
>to time developers would want to update libraries and having one big one would
>present problems.  The TI community would be swamped with many diffrent
>incompatible large libraries.  But with the smaller libraries upgrading is far
>more easier.

Not if we agree on a set of functions to include beforehand.  If we just
stuck to those functions, upgrades would all be compatable and would only
increase speed.  If we just agree on a common set of functions for one
"master" library and put everything else inside programs we would probably
save the most space since we are only putting the most commly used
functions in a library.  Only having one library would be easier for the
user to mannage and understand -- espically if they don't understand the
point of functions.  As a developer you have to believe that users are
idiots to create the best programs.

	--Nate