Re: A89: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

I think that libraries are a good idea.  When more assembly programs are
produced, if none of the programs use libraries, we will be able to store less
programs on the 89 than if we did use libraries.  Besides, if a library is
used, than each program will only need a few bytes to implement a routine,
instead of the whole routine in each program.  Now that a standard for
libraries has been developed between Plushell and DoorsOS, there will soon be
no more incompatibility problems.

As for the kernel, I think that programs should not be compiled to require the
kernel.  This would create a "platform-dependency" that would only create more
incompatibility problems.

Daniel